Young and Talented Cornwall Creative Writing Award
Description: The Young & Talented Cornwall Creative Writing Award aims to support and encourage young writers in Cornwall, between the ages of 16 and 23. They are especially hoping to support those from disadvantaged and challenging backgrounds.
Maximum: Mentoring with an established writer for one year, £150 worth of books and up to £1,000 cash award
Notes: The next awarding panel meeting is to be arranged
The award will be a mix of both mentoring with an established writer based in Cornwall (face-to-face sessions supported by email contact), a reading award of £150 worth of books and an opportunity to apply for a grant of up to £1,000. The mentoring support is offered for a period of up to a year.
Applicants will need to meet a number of criteria to be considered for a grant. To be eligible, applicants must:
- be resident in Cornwall or the Isles of Scilly
- be 16-23 years of age
- be an aspiring writer who is unable to achieve your aims or ambitions without financial support
- be able to show your passion and determination through a personal statement – up to 500 words
- be able to produce one recent reference (within the last three months) that is dated, signed and headed
- Optional: be able to demonstrate your ability by producing a sample of your work – up to 500 words
If you feel that you meet the necessary requirements, please start your application by clicking below. (Free to apply)
Applications currently closed.
It is important that you answer every question on the form; if you fail to complete all sections your application will not be considered.