Young and Talented Cornwall
Description: The Young and Talented Fund, now headed by Lord Lieutenant of Cornwall Colonel Edward Bolitho OBE, strives to help those young individuals who have demonstrated an outstanding talent in a particular field – such as sport, the arts, science, voluntary service and enterprise – but are struggling to achieve their ambition or progress in their chosen career because of hardship or disability.
Maximum: Although larger sums are sometimes given, most grants are in the range £200 - £1,000
Notes: The next Awarding Panel meeting will be at the end of October (date to be confirmed)
Applicants will need to meet a number of criteria to be considered for a grant. To be eligible applicants must:
- be resident in Cornwall or the Isles of Scilly
- in all but the most exceptional circumstances, be 14 years or over and under 23 years of age
- have an exceptional talent which has been recognised or acknowledged
- be unable to achieve your aims or ambitions without help
- show that the project or activity would bring benefit to your community or give you personal fulfilment
- be prepared to act as a role model for young people in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly
Previous awards have included help with travel & equipment costs, entry fees, accommodation and insurance.
If you feel that you meet the necessary requirements and are deserving of assistance from the Young and Talented Cornwall, please download and complete the application form below.
It is important that you answer every question on the form; if you fail to complete all sections your application will not be considered. Please read the guidelines document also linked below for further information that will help you complete the form.
More information can be found on their website www.youngandtalentedcornwall.org
APPLY NOW: Download application