Young and Talented Cornwall
Description: The Young and Talented Fund, now headed by Lord Lieutenant of Cornwall Colonel Edward Bolitho OBE, strives to help those young individuals who have demonstrated an outstanding talent in a particular field – such as sport, the arts and science – but are struggling to achieve their ambition or progress in their chosen career because of hardship or disability.
Maximum: Although larger sums are sometimes given, most grants are in the range £500 - £1,500
Notes: The next awarding panel will be on 8th April
Applicants will need to meet a number of criteria to be considered for a grant. To be eligible applicants must:
- be resident in Cornwall or the Isles of Scilly
- in all but the most exceptional circumstances, be 14 years or over and under 23 years of age
- have an exceptional talent which has been recognised or acknowledged
- be unable to achieve your aims or ambitions without help
- show that the project or activity would bring benefit to your community or give you personal fulfilment
- be prepared to act as a role model for young people in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly
- be able to produce two recent references (within the last three months) that are dated, signed and headed
Previous awards have included help with travel & equipment costs, entry fees, accommodation and insurance.
If you feel that you meet the necessary requirements and are deserving of assistance from the Young and Talented Cornwall, please download and complete the application form below.
Applications are now closed.
It is important that you answer every question on the form; if you fail to complete all sections your application will not be considered.
More information can be found on their website www.youngandtalentedcornwall.org