Caledonia Investments Charitable Foundation welcomes applications
Cornwall Community Foundation are grateful to The Caledonia Investments Charitable Foundation, a charity established by Caledonia Investments plc, for their continued support.
The Caledonia Fund aims to support community projects in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly which address the interrelated issues of financial planning, debt management and the financial education of adults and children.
To apply for this fund, your project needs to address one of the following themes:
1. Early intervention: Projects working with a wide community of at-risk individuals and families in the early stages of managing debt, that teach basic financial skills as part of a broader package of support.
2. Preventative: Projects working with individuals or families identified as being at particular risk of financial adversity with support given through education, training and awareness-raising.
3. Alleviation: Projects working to provide information, advice and guidance for those already experiencing ongoing financial distress.
The expected grant investment available is £5,000 – £20,000, although higher or lower awards are available depending on the circumstances.
As part of your application, we expect to see details of measurable and tangible outcomes that you expect will arise from this investment. These could include, but are not limited to:
1. The numbers of individuals in current financial distress you expect to support through debt management plans or other formal debt advice programmes.
2. How your project will help to improve your clients’ mental health and how you will measure these changes.
3. How your project will help families to improve their understanding of basic budgeting practices and their confidence in financial issues, and how this will be measured.
As part of the grant assessment process, we will seek to understand how your project will continue and grow beyond the life of any successful grant investment.
Please note funding will usually be available for one year. Where funds are being requested towards debt advice CCF must receive confirmation of regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Deadline: 27th September
If you are interested in applying for this fund, please fill out an Expression of Interest form here.