Emily Bolitho Trust
Description: The Emily Bolitho Fund is now open to organisations working in the Penzance area that anticipate aiding several people over the coming year. This fund supports the wellbeing of individuals, especially those faced with hardship through poor health or low income, in the area of Penzance, Gulval, Mousehole, Paul, Newlyn, Ludgvan, Marazion and Madron.
Maximum: Grants are awarded up to £2,000 per organisation
Notes: This deadline for this fund is 9am on 14th February.
The Emily Bolitho Fund supports the wellbeing of individuals, especially those faced with hardship through poor health or low income, in the area of Penzance, Gulval, Mousehole, Paul, Newlyn, Ludgvan, Marazion and Madron. Examples may include: alterations to accommodation for wheelchair users; purchase of essential furniture, baby/childcare and kitchen equipment; other items that will improve the lives of those in hardship.
An application for a grant should be made by an organisation for the benefit of residents from the area of benefit who require support. To make this process as simple as possible we would encourage applicants to apply for a collective number of young people within the same application form.
As part of the application, we expect to see:
- The number of people expected to be supported
- Brief description of the type of circumstances you expect these individuals to be in
- The interventions required
We are aware some organisations may not have all the information on who they are going to support at the application stage and, in this instance, we will require estimates and examples.
Additional to completing an application form we also request:
- A copy of the organisation’s most recent Safeguarding Policy, with your Safeguarding Officer’s named and contact details within this policy
- A copy of a recent bank statement in the name of the organisation applying (dated within three months)
- You will also be required to send us your governance policy and a set of recent accounts (you will not need to submit any of this information if it is already held on file by CCF.)
Awards to individuals should be from £100 to £500 depending on need. Each year there is a maximum of £2,000 available to each applying organisation although this may be extended in some cases. Grants should be spent within 12 months.